Lyon is among the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is renowned for its historical and social heritage. Some of its structures and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the actual church have finally been closed for hopes and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for it amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English type of architecture. The actual park had been built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main popular features of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, organic garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance shows. The cup ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life varieties have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This particular theater has been dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and explore fête des lumières à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to achieve Paris and you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan region in France. This city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is situated in East associated with France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people residing there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to go to in the 30 days of September and Oct.